We know that when research is carried out with patients and members of the public involved, it can improve lives and lead to better healthcare. If you become a research volunteer you will be helping to give people the best opportunities and choices about taking part in research – it’s your chance to help improve the future of healthcare and the NHS.
What do our Research Volunteers do?
The role of a research volunteer is to help promote and raise awareness of research. There are lots of activities and events which you could get involved with:
- Completing questionnaires or surveys to inform the work that we are doing
- Helping to promote research events by distributing flyers or posters
- Joining focus groups or online forums to give opinions on specific topics
- Attending research events and engaging with the public, patients, service users and carers
- Mystery shopping
- Getting patients/ public to engage in questionnaires/ surveys
- Training other volunteers
- Presentations to promote general awareness of research or research in a specific area/ specific group of people
It’s totally up to you how often and which activities you take part in. Support will be available for volunteers in all activities.
What are the benefits for me?
Joining our research volunteer community will make a difference to your life and others.
- Meet like-minded people who want to make a difference. As well as volunteering opportunities, you will also be invited to an annual event where you will get to meet other research volunteers and have the opportunity to find out what research has happened during the year and how this made to a difference to people’s lives.
- Develop your skills and experience and increase your knowledge about new and exciting research.
- Learn more about clinical research and its place within the NHS. There may also be opportunities to learn about/ visit our various research facilities.
Hear why Moira enjoys her role volunteering to support research
How do I get involved?
If you are interested in becoming a research volunteer with the Northern Care Alliance NHS Group, please read this introduction to the role and complete this short form.