The Centre for Clinical and Care Research (CCR) can suggest suitable sources of funding and advise you on costing your project / research plans.
The CCR is keen to support funding applications to National Institute for Health Research, Medical Research Council, charitable research bodies and
other grant applications
Below are links to some possible sources of further information. Please note this is not an exhaustive list and research plans should be discussed fully with the CCR / NCA research team
- The Association of Chartered Therapists in Respiratory Care offers education support
- Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC)is the national membership organisation for medical and health research charities. AMRC members support over one-third of all UK publicly-funded medical research in the UK.
- The British Geriatrics Society administers a number of grants, prizes and awards with a view to encouraging high quality research and furthering the professional development of professionals with an interest in older people’s healthcare.
- The British Scoliosis Research Foundationfor its research grants. These support research into scoliosis from small to large scale research.
- The British Society of Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine offers a number of prizes and bursaries in the field of rehabilitation.
- Healthcare Infection Society offer travel grants of up to £750 (£1,000 to attend international event) to support members in an early career or trainee post to present their research at a scientific conference or meeting.
- Medical Research Council (MRC) funds research through a range of grants, calls, highlight notices, studentships and fellowships.
- National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR)funds a range of programmes addressing a broad range of health priorities.
- NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre (NETSCC) is part of the NIHR and manages a number of research programmes.
- UK Clinical Research Collaboration (UKCRC)many different organisations fund health research in the UK. The UKCRC has developed a coherent approach to health research funding by providing a forum to coordinate the activities of funding bodies.
- UK Research Office (UKRO)is the European office of the UK Research Councils. Activities include providing details on European Commission funding opportunities.
- The NIHR Research Support Service provides advice to develop funding applications within the remit of the NIHR
AHP specific links:
- CAHPR have information on organisations who provide research funding from small to large scale projects.
- The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy CSP Charitable Trustis a charitable organisation supporting physiotherapy research through annual awards to members of the CSP.
- The Elizabeth Casson Trustaims to support occupational therapy primarily. They offer grants for CPD, Doctoral & Masters studies, conferences and international scholarships. Research funding calls are also made through the year.
- The Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists has a number of levels of research awards for its members.
- The Private Physiotherapy Educational Foundationinvites applications for its research awards. These allow new and novice researchers to conduct full, pilot or pump-priming projects on any topic relevant to physiotherapy.
Nurse / midwife specific links:
- Burdette Nursing Trust offer a range of nurse specific programmes
- The Queen’s nursing Institute offer a repository of research funding opportunities and training schemes run by organisations that are open to community nurses.
- Royal College of Nursing – provides a list of opportunities from charities and UK Government agencies that are open to nurse or midwife researcher applications.
- The Urology Foundation offer travel grants for nurses of up to £500 to attend an educational / training course, or conference.