Support for research
The Research & Innovation department provides comprehensive advice and support services covering all aspects of the research cycle to help researchers with their work to improve health and health care.
It offers one of the most innovative environments in the UK for conducting patient-focused health research and has bespoke Clinical Research Facilities at Salford Royal, Fairfield General and the Royal Oldham Hospitals, as well as the Salford Royal Biomedical Facility.
- Support with research planning, design and analysis.
- Advise on how to involve patients and the public in your research.
- Assist with the study approval process to ensure quick and efficient study set up.
- Advise on funding opportunities.
- Provide support with study management and conduct to ensure the highest possible standards.
- Offer advice and help on commercial development.
- Provide a wide range of training and guidance to ensure research teams have the tools and techniques they need to conduct high-quality research.
- Advise on the collection, storage and use of human material from donors who have generously consented to its use in research and help you to comply with our Human Tissue Authority research licence.
- Promote research and its benefits internally and externally.
- Assist with study close-out, reporting and dissemination.
All research undertaken within the Northern Care Alliance must be registered with Research & Innovation.