The Academic Information Technology (IT) support team provides a service dedicated to supporting the IT needs of the research and education communities at Salford Royal. This includes the responsibility of running and maintaining The University of Manchester network on site.
Academic IT has a single point of contact for all support, training and installation inquiries. The service desk operates weekdays from 9am–5pm. Due to the volume of support requests each inquiry will be prioritised appropriately and dealt with promptly.
To contact the team:
Call: 0161 206 1500 (x61500 from internal phone)
In person: Room D223, First Floor, Clinical Sciences Building, Salford Royal
Services provided include:
- Hardware/Software support and advice: Support and assistance for all University of Manchester owned computers and peripherals on site. We can also provide advice on the software available and assistance with installing and using it. In addition we can provide specifications for computer equipment and purchasing advice. Access to the University Library Catalogue and Services (such as e-journals, databases etc.) are also available to PCs connected to the Manchester University Network on-site.
- eduroam wifi: We support the local implementation of eduroam which provides site wide wifi for all University of Manchester IT users, as well as colleagues from other Universities and institutions that are members of eduroam.
- Data Management Support: We can offer support to researchers with data management advice and the creation of data capture systems for research projects.
- Research Medical Equipment Support: We provide assistance with the configuration and use of equipment connected to PCs for research purposes.
- Computer cluster: a computer suite is available within the Trust Library in the Mayo Building for student use which is supported by Academic IT.