The Northern Care Alliance has 10 shortlistings in the Greater Manchester Clinical Research Awards, organised annually by the NIHR CRN:GM.
This is a remarkable achievement and a fabulous reflection of the hard work colleagues put in every day for our patients. There were 230 nominations for the 2018 awards, one of the largest entries yet.
Those shortlisted are:
- Deborah Hall (Senior Diabetes Research Nurse, North Manchester) – Lifetime Achievement
- Professor Andrew Rowland (Consultant in Children’s Emergency medicine, North Manchester) – Investigator of the Year
- Rachel Newport (Research Midwife, Oldham) – Midwife of the Year
- Mfon Sam (Research Nurse, North Manchester) – Best Community Research Contribution
- Joint Research Office – Outstanding Contribution
- Medical Physics team (Salford Royal) – Research Team of the Year
- Jenny Philbin (Research Assistant, Oldham) – Research Practitioner of the Year
- Sanniah Hussain (Research Administrator, Bury & Rochdale) – Research Administrator of the Year
- Garry Trew (Physiotherapy Assistant, Salford Royal) – Research Practitioner of the Year
- Research for the Future team – Public Engagement