Congratulations to our Director of Research and Innovation, Professor Phil Kalra (pictured), who has been appointed as theme lead for relevant research at NIHR Clinical Research Network Greater Manchester. He will work with the theme leads for inclusive involvement and exceptional experience to facilitate key development programmes that improve the delivery of research across Greater Manchester, East Lancashire and East Cheshire.
A further 10 colleagues have been appointed specialty leads. They are:
- Professor Darren Green – kidney disorders
- Dr Stuart Stewart – primary care
- Dr David Rog – neurological disorders
- Professor Dan Horner – trauma and emergency care
- Professor Richard Warren – dermatology
- Professor Monty Silverdale – dementias and neurodegeneration
- Professor John McLaughlin – gastroenterology
- Professor Craig Smith – stroke
- Dr James Bluett – musculoskeletal disorders
- Dr Emma Vardy – ageing
Professor Martin Gibson, CRN Greater Manchester Co-Clinical Director, said: “We are excited to launch our new leadership structure with a real focus on delivering on our three new core values: Relevant Research, Inclusive Involvement and Exceptional Experience.
“Congratulations to our new Theme Leads, Specialty Leads and Co-Clinical Director. We look forward to working with them all as we enter an exciting phase with lots of key learnings from the pandemic and the continued, strong recovery of our non-Covid portfolio. “