BMedSci (hons): University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, 1985
MB BS: University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, 1988
MMedSci: University of Sheffield (nephrology), 2001
PGCME (MedEd) Edge Hill University, Ormskirk Lancashire, 2018
FRCP (UK): Royal College of Physicians, 2020
SFHEA: Higher Education Academy UK, 2020
- Specialist Renal Physician, Salford Royal Hospital, Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust: January 2010 – present
- Honorary Lecturer/Senior Clinical Teaching Fellow, School of Medical Sciences, University of Manchester: September 2014 – present
- Honorary Visiting Professor of Medicine and Medical Education, University of Port Harcourt Nigeria: December 2021 – present
- Staff and Specialist Lead Tutor, Salford Care Organisation, Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust: July 2021 – present
- Academic Lead for Undergraduate, Themed Case Based Discussion, Northern Care Alliance /School of Medical Sciences, University of Manchester: September 2022 – present
- International Society for Nephrology Educational Ambassador to Developing Countries: January 2015 – present
- International Society for Nephrology Educational liaison officer for Sister Renal Program between Salford Royal Hospital and University of Port Harcourt Nigeria: January 2017 – present
- International Director – Institute of Medical Education Bayelsa Medical University, Yenegoa, Bayelsa Nigeria: February 2020 – present
- Early detection and screening of chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Early recognition of Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Interphase between cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus and hypertension
- Haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
Current research grants:
- International Society of Nephrology Sister Renal Unit program and partnership between Salford Royal Hospital UK and University Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital Renal Unit, International Society of Nephrology (2016 – ongoing)
Publications (last 5 years):
Fakrogha PE, Ntuen N, Oko-Jaja R, Duru U, Harry AM, David-West M, Amadi O, Nonju TI, Owhonda G, Ohiri J, Alasia DD, Izuchukwu AD, Erekosima I, Lewis D, Wokoma FS, Emem-Chioma PC, Poulikakos D. Evaluation and Use of Point-of-Care Creatinine for Detection of Acute Kidney Injury in Nigeria. Kidney Int Rep. 2022 Mar 26;7(6):1439-1440.
Eddington H, Chinnadurai R, Alderson H, Ibrahim ST, Chrysochou C, Green D, Erekosima I, Hutchison A, Bubtana A, Hegarty J, Kalra PA. A randomised controlled trial to examine the effects of cinacalcet on bone and cardiovascular parameters in haemodialysis patients with advanced secondary hyperparathyroidism. BMC Nephrol. 2021 Mar 23;22(1):106.
Lodge MDS, Abeygunaratne T, Alderson H, Ali I, Brown N, Chrysochou C, Donne R, Erekosima I, Evans P, Flanagan E, Gray S, Green D, Hegarty J, Hyde A, Kalra PA, Lamerton E, Lewis D, Middleton R, New D, Nipah R, O’Donoghue D, O’Riordan E, Poulikakos D, Rainone F, Raman M, Ritchie J, Sinha S, Wood G, Tollitt J. Safely reducing haemodialysis frequency during the COVID-19 pandemic. BMC Nephrol. 2020 Dec 7;21(1):532.