Research Practitioner Jenny Philbin’s route to research
- Started conducting research as part of my Undergraduate and Masters degrees in psychology.
- Began as a research assistant within the paediatric, obstetrics and gynaecology research team at The Royal Oldham Hospital.
- Started a Professional Doctorate in health psychology, conducting own research exploring self-management behaviours of children and young people with type 1 diabetes.
- Became a Research Practitioner as the Covid pandemic hit. Involved with recruiting to interventional and observation Covid research such as RECOVERY, Falcon, Accord 006, GenOMICC.
- Now work within the core research team, focusing on emergency care, cardiology, diabetes and paediatric study specialties.