Senior Clinical Pharmacist Helen March’s route to research
- Once I became experienced in ICU, I completed my prescribing, and noticed the gaps in clinical evidence.
- Covid trials showed us how quickly evidence and patient care could improve due to research.
- Completed the Assistant PI course which opened my eyes to research opportunities in a clinical setting.
- During the API course I enjoyed working with the research team, showed useful role pharmacists can have within team in clinical unit.
- Now looking for opportunities to continue research journey within clinical ICU setting.